We all want a trip that can be remembered for years to come. We have created a short list of things to keep in mind to make your trip truly memorable:
- Watch out for PUBLIC HOLIDAYS and Pope addressing sessions when you plan your itinerary. We cannot emphasize it enough. The reason is simple. Most of the museums, popular churches and other areas of interest remain closed during these days.
- Book the TICKETS to attractions of your choice in advance. This will help to have more flexibility around your schedule since you will not be limited by the number of choices of time slots.
- Book your slots for the FREE WALKING TOURS in advance. Some tour hosts are quite particular about registration and you may not be allowed to walk-in. Not many people know about it but this is really the most fantastic part of the trip. These walking tours take you through the city and make you experience the city in a truly local way. You will get to know about the history, the local’s favorite eating joints and a lot more. We also suggest that you do these walking tours on the day of arrival in the city. This will truly enhance your experience as these tours make a great introduction to the cities. Links to the free walking tours: Rome, Florence, Venice.
- Apply for ROMA Pass. It allows you to travel like a local and to enjoy discount in restaurants etc. We took the metros and the buses (all free under the Roma pass) and went around exploring the local lifestyle.
- Don’t bring BACKPACKS to the attractions. Small ones are okay. If you bring one, then you will need to deposit the bags in many places. Also, it might get tiring since you will need to walk quite a bit.
- Do GUIDED TOURS in museums, Colosseum and Roman Forums. The guided tours help you understand the history while appreciating the art and suddenly everything makes a lot more sense.
- Carry SHOES that are super comfortable. You will have to walk a lot!
Now you are all set for your super fun, action packed Italy Trip! Happy Vacationing! 🙂