As a child, reading about Antarctica and then dreaming about how it would be, gave me goosebumps. I wondered what kind of life existed there and how splendid and raw the nature would be in this greatest wilderness of the planet.
The sequence of events over the last 18 years turned out so that finally I am getting to realize my dream to see the South Pole and get first-hand experience the effects of climate change through the ClimateForce Antarctica Expedition.
I will be venturing on this expedition to Antarctica along with 80 other explorers selected from all over the world, under the leadership of Sir Robert Swan. Through the expedition we will be studying the impact of climate change on the most pristine continent and surviving through sustainable means. Post the expedition, I will work with communities and schools to inspire the youth to DREAM BIG and fight climate change.
For Brand Partnerships: Please drop me a note on email@example.com.
About 2041 & ClimateForce Antarctica Expedition 2018
2041 Foundation was founded by the polar explorer & environmental leader Robert Swan, the first person to walk to both the North and South Poles and United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for youth. The mission of 2041 is to inspire next generation of leaders to promote a sustainable future.
Through ‘Leadership on the Edge program,’ this Foundation aims to create a movement of energy/climate champions which is called ClimateForce and the voyage is called ‘ClimateForce: Antarctica 2018.’
Why Antarctica is Central in the Fight Against Climate Change?
Antarctica has pristine snow-covered landscapes. Largely uninhabited, it contains a variety of rare wildlife, and affects temperature and the ocean systems all over the world. Global warming is already having an impact on Antarctica. There have been signs of melting ice, rising sea levels & icebergs breaking off the Antarctic mainland as recent as Jul 2017.
Such disintegrating ice sheets, could have untold effects starting with rapid rise of sea levels. This could result in flooding of major coastal cities & mass displacement of human settlements across the globe.
Why Should We Care?
As I learn more about climate change, I believe it is the most important issue facing mankind today and a major threat to all species on Earth. Not much is done about it as it does not impact our everyday lives yet. We can each do our part to reduce the long term effects of climate change, by taking action within our own lives and supporting wider efforts in our community.
What do I Aspire to do After the Expedition?
Post expedition, I will use my learning to amplify the message of sustainability as a reality for everyone.
- Community awareness and impact through chalk talks and blog: Most people are not aware about how to contribute towards a sustainable planet. There is a mis-conception that this is a topic of interest only for political leaders and environmental associations. I want to share with the broader audience, how small changes in people’s daily lives can go a long way in collectively creating a more sustainable world.
- Youth empowerment through schools and youth communities: Inspiring youth to participate actively on this subject is critical to safeguard our future on this planet. I am keen to work with the universities in Singapore to deliver workshops that align with the common goals of driving sustainability.
- Women Empowerment: I come from a small town in India where women education is a huge concern and women are limited by their circumstances and not by their potential. It has been my personal goal to inspire women to dream big, push boundaries, and make their lives more fulfilling and this expedition sets the right example.
How Can You Support?
Whether you are an individual or an organization, there are many ways you can contribute to this cause.
If you feel your company/organization, would be keen to support this expedition, below are some of the avenues where I can drive value for you:
- Your company’s brand name/logo will be proudly displayed in Antarctica and pictures will be shared with you for wider distribution and use.
- Exclusive picture and brand endorsement with Sir Robert Swan.
- Unique opportunity for your organization to show commitment for environment sustainability, youth empowerment.
- Enhance your brand image amongst young leaders across the world.
- Promotion of your support in my PR & marketing on social media and my travel blog.
- Mention of your company’s name in the official documentary of my expedition that I will circulate broadly through social media.
- A guest blog with photos for your wider circulation internally/ externally.
- Explore an exclusive 1 Hour Video Call for your employees with Sir Robert Swan, the first person in history to walk to the North and the South Pole.
I look forward to giving my bit back to the nature by learning and propagating about the message of Climate Change! Let’s save our Mother Earth!
18 Comments Add yours
Wow, what an amazing opportunity. I’m not much of a traveller and often feel like I’m missing out. I bet the climate change will be a struggle to say the least
This looks like it would be quite the experience. Doing some good along with seeing this part of the world is extraordinary!
These photos are so beautiful! What an inspiring post! I hope you have an amazing time 🙂
I am so looking forward to following your journey. This is one of my biggest fears and hope all can help protect our world.
Wow what an absolutely extraordinary opportunity to see Antarctica first hand. It really is troubling the disintegrating ice sheets and the tremendous impact climate change has not only there but also is and will have at some of the amazing cities. And let’s not even get into the impact it has on wildlife.
I admire many traveller and adventurer who travel to Antarctica! They contribute a huge part of Antarctica stories and without them, we will be clueless of what is going on in that icy place.
You are so very lucky to be going on this adventure. I wait in anticipation for the amazing story you will be telling.
The climate change is indeed real and we as the inhabitants of this planet have this big responsibility to keep this planet safe. Hats off to you for getting chosen and spreading awareness throughout the globe. More power to you !
Congratulations on being chosen, this sounds like an incredible experience. I can’t wait to hear all about it. Good luck to you and your team.
The climate change is issue is very much affecting Antarctica all the snow is melting and the sea level is increasing due to that . You are putting a great effort in helping the environment from global warming. Kudos to you.
So often I read about climate change and wonder “What can I do to make a difference?” So impressed with Robert Swan and his 2041 Foundation. There’s no better way to make a lasting impact on the issue than to change the minds and hearts of today’s young people. So cool that you were chosen to participate and I’m really excited to read more as you go along. x
This looks like it is going to be an amazing adventure. I can’t wait to see more.
I very much admire you not only following your heart in pursuit of your dreams but also making a change to prevent global warming. Congratulations on being one of the 80 explorers chosen to go to Antarctica!
A massive well done for being one of the chosen 80 explorers to go on this journey to Antarctica to battle climate change. I think that is really noble of you and I too believe that climate change is one of the most important issues facing our world today!
Wow! This is a beautiful trip, one that I can only wish for. For now, I can’t afford it, but even if I can afford it, I don’t think I can stand the cold! waaaaa
This is a great initiative. All the best for your initiative. I would also share this article on multiple platforms so that more and more people would know about the cause and will contribute.
Can’t wait to read about your Antarctica expedition! I’m sure you’ll have so much to explore with your team. I also happened to watch an animation shot in Antarctica and that got me curious considering how cold the place is. i I ma also looking forward to learn more about the place from you! Hoping for all the fun and much more there!
Reblogged this on Green Living 4 Live.