Oats are amongst some of the most healthiest grains on the planet. They are gluten free and rich source of protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is without a doubt that any form of oats recipe will make an excellent addition to your breakfast.
Here’s a blend of some fruity flavors and some healthy oats which can be a perfect breakfast with any beverage of your choice!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Oats: 2 cups
- Apple: 1
- Ripe Banana: 1
- Milk: 2 cups
- Dates: 10
- Blueberries: 10 (optional for topping)
- Honey: 1 tbsp (optional for topping)
- Mash the dates in a mixer. Add 2-3 tbsp of milk if required. Mix until uniform paste is formed.
- Add 1/2 apple and 1 banana to the above mixer and continue to blend further for a minute.
- Roast the oats for 5 to 10 mins in a pan until they are crisper and slightly brown in color
- Add the mixture of dates, Apple and banana to the pan. Continue to cook for some time on medium flame till it becomes thick as per your preferred consistency.
- Peel and cut the second half of the apple into small pieces. Garnish the oats with berries, pieces of apple and honey.
- Serve hot!
I always believe that any dish is made with love from your heart rather than a recipe. So please try variants of this as it appeals to you! And please share the variants with us in the comments below!