Fresh juices can be a great way to pack all the essential nutrients in a single glass, if made correctly. We rarely buy juices from the market no matter whether those are fresh fruit juices or not. Anything and everything sells in the name of “healthy.”
The process used to make any juice is very important. For the same reason, I never use a juicer to make my juices as it takes away fibre content. I rather prefer to use a regular mixer/food processor. I also recommend not to use a sieve to filter the juice. This helps to retain the nutritional value of the raw vegetables/ fruits and the fibre content as well.
Are you busy during the day and tend to miss eating meals?
Do you feel that you are not getting the required nutrients to fuel your body?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then this recipe is for you!
A bit more about the ingredients
- Apple are a good source of dietary fibre, vitamin A/C, potassium and are practically fat free
- Carrots are very good source of beta karotenes, vitamin K1, fiber, potassium and antioxidants.
Hence this healthy combination is packed with multiple required nutrients in right proportions. It is a super healthy morning or afternoon drink to fill your stomach with nutrients it would love to have.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Apples: 2 (peeled)
- Carrot: 2
- Ginger: small pod
- Lemon: 1/2 (large, squeezed)
- Black salt or rock salt: To taste
- Water: 1 cup
Process (15 mins)
- Peel the apples and carrot. (We peel because of extensive amount of chemicals that are loaded onto the vegetables and fruits these days)
- Blend all the ingredients in the mixer (Apples, carrot, ginger, lemon & rock salt) for a minute or two.
- Add water and blend once again
- Serve cold and enjoy it fresh!
I always believe that any dish is made with love from your heart rather than a recipe. So please try variants of this as it appeals to you! Do share the variants with us in the comments below!