Fresh juices/smoothies can be a great way to pack all the essential nutrients in a single glass, if made correctly. We rarely buy juices from the market no matter whether those are fresh fruit juices or not. Anything and everything sells in the name of “healthy.”
The process used to make any juice is very important. For the same reason, I never use a juicer to make my juices as it takes away fibre content. I rather prefer to use a regular mixer/food processor. I also recommend not to use a sieve to filter the juice. This helps to retain the nutritional value of the raw vegetables/ fruits and the fibre content as well.
Are you busy during the day and tend to miss eating meals?
Do you feel that you are not getting the required nutrients to fuel your body?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then this recipe is for you!
A bit more about the ingredients
- Avocados are considered as one of the superfoods packed with 20+ vitamins. They are extremely rich in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals like potassium and copper. They are also very high in food fat. Balanced intake of Avocados in your diet can help you offset your nutritional requirements.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Avocados: 2
- Milk: 3 cups
- Honey or maple syrup: 2 tbsp (or to taste)
Process (5 minutes)
- Peel the avocados, remove the seed and blend in the mixer
- Add 1/2 cup milk to the mixer and continue blending till you can see a uniform mixture
- Add rest of the milk, honey and mix once again. Separating milk in 2 portions ensures that avocado blends well and the consistency is smooth.
- Serve cold and fresh!
I always believe that any dish is made with love from your heart rather than a recipe. So please try variants of this as it appeals to you! We are excited to learn about the variants. Please share with us in the comments below!